HFT gravity media blaster

Listings, photos and explanation of special tools
firemedic
Training Wheels

new blaster

Post by firemedic » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Just got back from HFT w/a 20 lb. pressurized blaster, less refilling ("more taste," hahaha). Gonna use it on a circa 1949 Delta made-in-Milwaukee table saw cabinet base I've owned for about 30 years, and it was older than that when I bought it from a Miami water-bottling plant. Lotta surface rust. The saw is like a small version of the venerable Delta 'Unisaw.' All cast-iron & steel, I think the only thing on it not made of ferrous metal is the aftermarket crosscutting guide. The thing weighs probably 300 lbs. & has a 'split-phase' motor (110-220V).

Oh yeah, and gonna use the pressurized blaster on my stable of deserving Yamahas.
lha
Training Wheels

Post by lha » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 pm

firemedic wrote:Just got back from HFT w/a 20 lb. pressurized blaster, less refilling ("more taste," hahaha). Gonna use it on a circa 1949 Delta made-in-Milwaukee table saw cabinet base I've owned for about 30 years, and it was older than that when I bought it from a Miami water-bottling plant. Lotta surface rust. The saw is like a small version of the venerable Delta 'Unisaw.' All cast-iron & steel, I think the only thing on it not made of ferrous metal is the aftermarket crosscutting guide. The thing weighs probably 300 lbs. & has a 'split-phase' motor (110-220V).

Oh yeah, and gonna use the pressurized blaster on my stable of deserving Yamahas.
Man! Id love to have a saw like that.I've got an aluminum saw that won't rust,but you can't beat the stability of a 300 pounder.If the motor doesn't work at first,clean it,then you can get it rebrushed at an industrial rebuilder.I used to be a carpenter[commercial],and still have door making tools to make panel doors,etc.I used to have one of those grey 20 gallon or whatever size,and it did well.I hooked up a 100# propane tank inline as a storage tank for the air pressure,so the smaller blasters.I want to get the 2 cylinder compressor they have there,and hook it up to my '41 ford 9n tractor,and use it when I need lots of air,just hook up the u-joint coupler,start up the motor and have all the air I need.I have a generator for it and when the power goes out,I just back up,hook up and it puts out 20kv's. lha
JamesD
Training Wheels

Post by JamesD » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:37 pm

My local farm supply store sells 50 pound bags of 'sodium bicarbonate' (baking soda) for $14.

It has many uses, including as a supplement to certain types of cattle feed.

My only concern with the 50# bag is water intrusion / contamination during storage.

DEET

Post by DEET » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:47 pm

JamesD wrote:.
My only concern with the 50# bag is water intrusion / contamination during storage.

Keep it in the fridge.

Tell your wife it is for removing odors....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
Yamaha Parts Diagrams located here: CLICK ME