DIY Cheap Zinc Plating

Please Post ONLY How To's - No discussions or Questions etc
Chayzed Pilot
Training Wheels

Post by Chayzed Pilot » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm

SS your stuff looks good. There is no way this process will ever match the factory stuff. It is more of a hobbyist type plating. If I was doing lets say a concourse resto this would not be the method I would use.

You can get chromates here......http://www.caswellplating.com/electropl ... zing.html/

I think Devin tried the yellow which I may try soon. The blue/clear works great and seals the zinc after you polish it.
Chayzed

04 TC450 Husky, 03 KTM 200SX, 82 YZ125, 2-CT3's,83 430 Husky, 76 YZ400C, 76 MX125C, two 73 CZ250's, and more treasures.
Whymee
Training Wheels

Post by Whymee » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Reviving an old thread. Hope you peeps do not mind! Too bad that photobucket has a gun to our heads with the older posts. Would have been nice to seen all the pics in this thread.

I have been wanting to DIY plate for several years now. After reading through this post, I have decided to jump in with both feet. Hey, nothing is to good for my RT3, right?

Ordered the zinc sulfate & power supply just now. Leaving in a few to see what I can scrounge up locally for the rest of the items.

I can see this turning into something commercial, and I haven't even plated a darn thing yet!

Stay Warm!!
1973 Yamaha RT3
1972 Yamaha LT2
1974 Yamaha TY250