2006 - Vintage Bike Adventure Ride - Who is interested

makotosun

Post by makotosun » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:07 am

When we leave I will begin updating the daily reports pages from the road. Hope to have some pictures and a short narrative each day. May miss a day or so if we lose all our cellular signals.

Start checking on about the 22nd of May, as Motoguy and I will begin the documentary when we leave the Northwest.[ok]
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
Experience is something you donâ??t get until just after you need it.

Esperto Di Ripristino Di Enduro Di Maximus - makotosun1@gmail.com
EnduroRider1

Post by EnduroRider1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:24 am

baoktiger wrote:Last Call has been closed.

Trip is going to be 7 riders and a chase truck driver. Still working some of the details out and soon I hope we can start posting the final plans and details.

Thank you Boss for allowing us to keep the story going here. From the beginning of this thread to now alot has taken place. The next 6 months will be very interesting for the trip and including the trip. Will advise.
No problem [ok]

It'll be a great time for all!

Did I already ask if someone was going to make the GPS track available after the ride in case someone wanted to male the same ride later?

Best,
EB
baoktiger

TAT Update

Post by baoktiger » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Quick up date from Baoktiger, I have been finializing all the DT400C Mountian Bike with minor details. Overhauled the swing arm and installed a nylon chain protector for the swing arm. Installed my new DTE1 repaired and furnished Desert Gas Tank which has solved my fuel issues.

Pulled out my spacers I installed in the front forks and went back to stock set up. Seems to be much better to be running stock. Rear shock replaced with Progressive Shocks are much better way to go.

Looks like if the schedule holds I will be leaving on 08Feb07 and hauling the bike to the Ar/Tn border and riding the TAT across Arkansas over a two day period.

Will have to see if I can get the chase truck to come along, as the first half of the trip will be alone at this point, meeting up with some interesting individuals hopefully the second day. If all works out will make for a great story.

GPS - Adding a 12V battery to the bike for power for the GPS. Only can get about 5 hours out of my 376C on the unit battery. Figure I can charge the 12V battery at night.

Will try to report on the Ar leg of the TAT here in mid Febuary.
"Live to ride" or it must be "Ride to Live"
baoktiger

Trip Plans

Post by baoktiger » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:39 pm

Well looks like we have finalized the trip plans.

25-May, Fri - arrive Broken Arrow
26-May, Sat- Broken Arrow, Ok to Blackwell, Ok
27-May, Sun- Blackwell, Ok to Buffalo, Ok
28-May, Mon- Buffalo, Ok to Boise City, Ok
29-May, Tue- Boise City, Ok to LaVeta, Co
30-May, Wed- LaVeta, Co to Salida, Co
31-May, Thr- Salida, Co to Lake City, Co
01-Jun, Fri - Lake City, Co to Monticello, Ut and Celebration Dinner
02-Jun, Sat - Travel to homes

09-Feb, Fri - Travel to Helena, Ar
10-Feb, Sat - Helena, Ar to Clinton, Ar
11-Feb, Sun - Clinton, Ar to Alma, Ar (or the Oklahoma Borger)

The Arkansas trip is still dependent on weather, I don't plan on riding in an ice or snow storm. So may have to reschedule the trip.
baoktiger

Took a little ride today,

Post by baoktiger » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:37 pm

Little picture of the TAT and the locals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baoktiger

Two Weeks

Post by baoktiger » Thu May 10, 2007 10:27 pm

Two weeks from tomorrow this long effort will begin to become a true adventrue. Up till now we have been building, sharing, talking and in a few days now we will RIDE>

I am pretty sure I speak for everyone on the ride, we are getting excited.

Finished packing and preparing the DT400C Mountain Bike today. Got all the camp gear packed, chase truck is ready, and packing cloths and final things for the trip. Final analysis of the trip, less is more. Less things to worry about and better the ride.
gtoformula
Training Wheels

Post by gtoformula » Thu May 10, 2007 11:27 pm

I'm planning on coming up to Tulsa on Thursday before the launch ... "business trip". I'd like to get together with the group on Friday evening (if you still plan to do that). I'll have to get my own hotel room Friday night (the company won't buy a Friday overnight), but looking forward to meeting the group and seeing the bikes.
Rick
baoktiger

All are welcome

Post by baoktiger » Fri May 11, 2007 9:09 am

Rick, Feel free to come by and hang out. PM me to get he details of the location.
EnduroRider1

Post by EnduroRider1 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks for the TAT update & Pics Makotosun. Those are some great shots! Can't wait to C-More.[ok]
baoktiger

Post by baoktiger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:57 pm

dman wrote:This aint no yuppie road rally --- this is the real deal, you will get dirty! not to mention beat up, hammered, an generaly worn out but you see stuff only a select few will ever see, and you will NEVER forget it......... muddy good fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:-!]

Dman
Dman, darn you were scarey close to exactally correct on one of your first posts. Way to go man!!!!!!