Western NC Pisgah National Forest ride

endurojunkie
Training Wheels

Western NC Pisgah National Forest ride

Post by endurojunkie » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:59 am

Any takers for a weekend ride in the western NC Pisgah national forest. Weekend of May 14 or 21. I am flexible and can do any weekend except May 7.
The earliest would be best for Drew0512, he may have work obligations later. As good a job, and as enjoyable as he made the SC ride, I definitely want make this possible for him. And I really hope Class of 77 can make it too.
There is camping and motels very convenient to the forest service roads that we will be riding. I will post camping and motel options based on the amount of interest. These are dirt / gravel roads, mostly forest service roads, some are state roads so bikes must be licensed. 98% of what we will be riding on will be dirt / gavel.[o-o]
DEET

Post by DEET » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:03 am

Hey Kenny,

Is this the Mortimer area?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
Yamaha Parts Diagrams located here: CLICK ME
drew0512
Training Wheels

Post by drew0512 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:16 pm

i vote the weekend of the 14th unless the weather isn't cooperating. what area exactly are you talking about and where are you planning on staying (motel or campsite)?

DT3, RT2
endurojunkie
Training Wheels

Post by endurojunkie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:01 am

DEET wrote:Hey Kenny,

Is this the Mortimer area?
yes, are you in[ok].
endurojunkie
Training Wheels

Post by endurojunkie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:22 am

drew0512 wrote:i vote the weekend of the 14th unless the weather isn't cooperating. what area exactly are you talking about and where are you planning on staying (motel or campsite)?
It will be the Linville Gorge, Wilson Creek, Table Rock, Blowing Rock area. We can do a bit of Blue Ridge Parkway if you want.
There is a place called Linville Falls Lodge and Cabins http://www.linvillefallslodge.com/HOME.html . We've stayed there before. Neat local owned place with two good places to eat or we grill our own. If we want to camp, we have a friend that owns Betseys Ole Country store in Mortimer. There is a one room cabin, area for tents and bath houses. Ther is also a state campground in Mortimer.
armpit
Training Wheels
Location: Charleston, SC Ride1:72 RT2 360 Ride2:08 Aprilia Tuono 1000R

Post by armpit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:37 am

Count me in. It's iffy whether my bike will be street legal by then or not, so that will be the deciding factor for me.
endurojunkie
Training Wheels

Post by endurojunkie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 am

armpit wrote:Count me in. It's iffy whether my bike will be street legal by then or not, so that will be the deciding factor for me.
We can duct tape some lights on it if we have toDance.
armpit
Training Wheels

Post by armpit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:08 am

endurojunkie wrote:We can duct tape some lights on it if we have toDance.
Can we duct tape a title, license, and registration, too? :)
Classof77
Training Wheels

Post by Classof77 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Just picked up on this thread. I'd sure like to go, guess it depends mostly on getting my bike put back together but as far as I can tell I should have it running by then. I'll post an update on the original thread. Let you know more asap.

[dunno]
Every moment of our life is a once in a lifetime opportunity-Me
armpit
Training Wheels

Post by armpit » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Anyone happen to know the law for antique motorcycle headlights in SC - do you have to have a high and low beam to get registered?

If not, I can just shove a bulb in the housing and touch two wires together when they ask for me to turn my light on.

(Better yet, if anyone has had to go through the inspection process, PLEASE give me some insider info ;) )