DT175A? Help ID this stator

For General Posts about Yamaha Enduros
Camp3
Training Wheels

DT175A? Help ID this stator

Post by Camp3 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Hello Folks, thought I'd post here just to see what kind of activity there is. Thanks for putting this information back up on the web. I hope to be here often and promote the usage of this site.
  • 1.What is the largest photo I can upload?
  • 2.Why can't I see any of the photobucket pictures? They are blurred out and have a PhotoBucket Watermark over the top.
Now on to my real question. I bought this stator to convert my DT175C to a full wave rectified, & regulated DC circuit for the headlamp hoping to achieve ~14.2 volts dc via a bridge and a zener regulator. I have attached a picture of the donor stator supposedly from a DT175A, but I don't know what the extra wires are for. I have reviewed the stator in Partzilla Parts diagrams for multiple models (yes I looked at the 74 stator) and they don't have the extra dangly wire by the white connector and the one in the middle of the sheathing, not the nuetral switch. What is that/those? Thanks for the help.

IMG_6198 (1).jpg
IMG_6197 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.