Go Back   YamahaEnduro.com > Introductions
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions All New comers must post an introduction

Old 08-31-2018, 12:30 PM   #3201
JPW
Needs Introductory Post

JPW May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Hi!
I'm currently trying to restore the bike that I learned to ride on 25 years ago.
It's a 71 DT1E that looks like it's been ridden by a teenager for years.
I look forward to participating in this forum.

Thanks!
JPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #3202
dachshund1

dachshund1 May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Default Glad To Join the Enduro Community

Greetings, all.

Growing up in a small, midwestern farming community in the late 70s and early 80s, all my friends had on/off "dual purpose" bikes (we simply called them all "enduros" - regardless of brand or purpose). My first such bike was a 1975 Kawasaki F11 250 Enduro (orange tank) - which I purchased used in 1979 with ~500 miles on the clock (and was later "persuaded" by local law enforcement to sell).

Since then, I've owned only street bikes - I currently ride a Honda GL1500C Valkyrie with the carbureted, flat 6 engine. On the opposite extreme, a buddy of mine recently gifted me a 1980 Yamaha DT175 w/ 4K miles, which had stopped running due to lack of spark. He and his kids had stripped off the headlight, blinkers, etc. and were using it to ride off-road trails (all these parts were included with the bike). Otherwise, the bike was complete and in pretty good shape (at least the price was right!).

After replacing all the major oil seals, crankcase cover (it had a damage repair that continued to leak oil) and installing new stator coils (he had already replaced the ignition coil, CDI, etc.), I got the bike to fire up and run pretty well. Since the oil injection pump seems to be non-functional, I'm running pre-mix at the moment. I've purchased new front and rear sprockets, drive chain, and need to install some new tires.

My goal is to get it roadworthy (i.e., reliable and safe) and give it to my sister to keep out on their farm or at their lake cabin. This way, I can periodically sneak away and bask in the aroma of 2-stroke exhaust.

I'll probably glean far more than I contribute on this forum, but I'm happy to be among those who share similar interests (and may be trying to recapture a little of their distant youth).

Terry
Lexington, KY, USA
dachshund1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #3203
Dirtynellie1

Dirtynellie1 May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Default New to forum

Hello I just signed up with forum. I am a Yamaha fan, my first motorcycle was a HT-1 and Yamaha has been in my blood every since. I've had mostly dirt bikes MX, YZ, IT, TT, XT I've had at least one of each. Now I also have a JT1 donated by my good neighbor that needs TLC . Brings back memories of my little brother riding one way back when.
That's all for now. Dirtynellie
Dirtynellie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #3204
eze

eze May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Default Eric in So Cal TT500 IT400 MX360 and various baskets

Hi all,

First bike was a 76 MX100 when I was 10 years old. I've had the "bug" for a lot of years, but also spent a lot of years away from motorcycles.

I'm currently riding vintage flat track and TTs when I can find the time.

My running bikes are the TT, IT, and MX mentioned above.

If anyone would like to connect and meetup at Milestone, Perris, or Campo flat tracks, shoot me a message.

Eric
eze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #3205
Chiefs online

Chiefs online May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Default Hi

I love working on these old bike's. I've got a 71 Rt1b that I'm hoping to restore at some point. Any and all help and info will be appreciated. Hopefully I'll get the chance to steer someone else in the right direction as well. Thanks for having me here.
Chiefs online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #3206
dwil4
Enduro Pro

dwil4 May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Welcome to all the new guys. Be patient as this site isnt as active as it once was but go ahead and start a thread and post up some pics. We love pics here!
dwil4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM   #3207
Brentb
Needs Introductory Post

Brentb May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Default Introduction

Hello from sunny AZ

Just picked up two complete bikes 1970 HT1 and 1971 CT1. Interested in learning more about them and getting them running again. Currently have 1975 Penton 250 and 1973 Rickman custom. Have a great day.
Brentb is offline   Reply With Quote