YamahaEnduro.com  

Original YamahaEnduro.com forum (From 2006) 13,185 archived posts

Go Back   YamahaEnduro.com > Introductions
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions All New comers must post an introduction

Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #11
solidONE

solidONE May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Hello. I'm the newb of all newbs. First 2 stroke engined bike. First vintage bike. 1969 Yamaha DT-1 all beat up and MXed out. Looking to Restorify it. Need as much help as possible.

'Restorify'to look something like this with mostly unmolested stock components:

Looking forward to meeting some 2-stroke vintage folks.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #12
baoktiger
Enduro Master & Forum Moderator

baoktiger May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick 75 View Post
Well, I'm also new Here and thanks for the welcome . Found your site last night thru a google search. My story is I have a 75 dt 400 ( like yours ) that I bought in 76 in New York when I was in high school . After school threw it on the bumper of my Van and moved to Seattle, got married, kids and life got real busy. I parked it in the a corner of the garage and it has been sitting there for 30 years. And It's Time to get it back on the road. My first step is to get it cleaned up and see what I have. Any advice from others who have been thru this process will be much appreciated. Rick
Rick, Same story here, college, work, wife, kids, looked in the mirror and thought who the hell is that. Dug out the bikes, started the 400 and been down hill or up hill ever sence. Search the forum for several DT400 Rebuilds, restarts as well as a hundred others. I had alot of help from Jugalo, EnduroNut, Deet, Dman and others getting mine back and going again.

I might suggest to the new guys, check out the TAT ride info. Tells one heck of a story about getting back on the bike and enjoying the ride again. Also, Mako, Jgresh, Dman, Deet, Motoguy, and the guys did a great ride report for both the TAT adventures to date. We prepping for the last section now.

Welcome all.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #13
rollinrob

rollinrob May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

I am new here. Found this site after I purchased a 1975 DT400 for a project.

This site is a wealth of information. Once I make some more progress I'll post some pics. Carb is soaking in Berrymans and parts are on the way.
rollinrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #14
daveh291
Enduro Master

daveh291 Knows what an Enduro Is

easily the best site on the web for early Yamaha Enduro's.i am not quite a noob as i have been at this site since 06.there is a wealth of great info here and some of the nicest guys to hang out with here.
daveh291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #15
dtdog75

dtdog75 May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

My story might not be as colorful as some on this forum but here goes. Back in the early 80's I bought a DT400 B/C (don't remember which year) from my best friend's father. I rode it around the college campus and to work back in Michigan. Moved to California so had to sell it. I always liked that bike. Well back in December 2008 an aquaintence said he had an old Yamaha in his garage that he wanted to get rid of. It had been sitting for a couple years after he had the head bored but never put it back together. I went to take a look at it and it was like I had gone back in time 30 years. He gave me the bike for free along with the new Wiseco piston kit and a bunch of misc parts. Anyway, this is what I have. I learned from other members that is a 1975 DT400B (engine and frame) with a 76 tank and some other parts. I still have a way to go but this site has been a great help so far. Thanks!

dtdog75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #16
rick 75

rick 75 May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdog75 View Post
My story might not be as colorful as some on this forum but here goes. Back in the early 80's I bought a DT400 B/C (don't remember which year) from my best friend's father. I rode it around the college campus and to work back in Michigan. Moved to California so had to sell it. I always liked that bike. Well back in December 2008 an aquaintence said he had an old Yamaha in his garage that he wanted to get rid of. It had been sitting for a couple years after he had the head bored but never put it back together. I went to take a look at it and it was like I had gone back in time 30 years. He gave me the bike for free along with the new Wiseco piston kit and a bunch of misc parts. Anyway, this is what I have. I learned from other members that is a 1975 DT400B (engine and frame) with a 76 tank and some other parts. I still have a way to go but this site has been a great help so far. Thanks!

Nice job on your rebuild your bike looks great. My problem is my mechanical abillities are limited, So I'm glad I found this site. I'm sure I will need to do a lot of research and ask many questions, not to mention find a good mechinac to work on what I can't.
rick 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
beech3

beech3 May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

I'm very new to the site, found it through ADV rider. I just bought this DT400C 2 days ago off CL for something to tinker with. I've had a few dirtbikes before but have always wanted a two-stroke for the street, the big bore being all the better! Great site!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dt400.jpg (90.0 KB, 39 views)
beech3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #18
makotosun
Enduro Master & Site Moderator

makotosun Knows what an Enduro Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by beech3 View Post
I'm very new to the site, found it through ADV rider. I just bought this DT400C 2 days ago off CL for something to tinker with. I've had a few dirtbikes before but have always wanted a two-stroke for the street, the big bore being all the better! Great site!
Welcome to the Kult of the Yellow Kool Aid!

That appears to be a very complete bike and very worthy of restoration and enjoyment. You have joined a select few of the Chosen . . .

Others on here will give you some ribbing, but they are just jealous!

Experience is something you donā??t get until just after you need it.

Esperto Di Ripristino Di Enduro Di Maximus - makotosun1@gmail.com
makotosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #19
daveh291
Enduro Master

daveh291 Knows what an Enduro Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by makotosun View Post
Welcome to the Kult of the Yellow Kool Aid!

That appears to be a very complete bike and very worthy of restoration and enjoyment. You have joined a select few of the Chosen . . .

Others on here will give you some ribbing, but they are just jealous!
the "chosen" well,when you caught a whiff of the two stroke oil burning,too late you drank the koolaid.
daveh291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #20
beech3

beech3 May possibly Own a  Yamaha Enduro?

Thanks guys, i was pretty excited when i showed up at the previous owners place to look at it, it wasn't running and had a typical CL murky title which was my bargaining chip.
beech3 is offline   Reply With Quote